Build an art exhibit
Paradise is a free open source software package for publishing a portfolio of photos on a website in a clean, professional style. Use Paradise to create an online exhibit for an artist or organization.
Just the factsParadise Requirements:
- Website running PHP 5.3+
- FTP access to install Paradise
- Gallery automatically fills width of user's browser
- Slideshow viewer allows users to easily advance to next image
- SEO friendly URL for each image
- Optimized for mobile devices
- Contact form for sending a message to the artist
- Administrator Console is password protected
- Passwords are sent one-way encrypted (cryptographic hash) and encrypted a second time before storing on the server
- Upload multiple images files at one time
- Automatic thumbnail generation
- 50 fonts to choose from for the title
- NoSQL – no relational database to setup or maintain
- Data is stored in simple JSON text files
- Open Source (GPLv3) – you have the freedom to examine, copy, and modify the code
- Free – as in free beer
Paradise is not for social photo sharing. It is intended to showcase an artist's work, and as such does not include social features such as user comments or privacy settings.The Paradise project is built on the work of others:
Mobile device screenshots
- Download and unzip the Paradise install file.
- FTP the
galleryfolder up to your website.
- Open the Administrator Console by appending
gallery/consoleto your website URL.*
When you first go to the console, you will be prompted to create a user account for yourself. Once in the console, upload photos or use the "Create New User Account" feature to create an account for the artist to upload photos directly.Gallery of screenshots:
February 10, 2016
There's now a video tutorial for Paradise: youtu.be/PXtsze78eQo
January 1, 2016
Project renamed from PPAGES to Paradise PHP Photo Gallery.
December 29, 2015
Release v0.1.0 is a ground up rewrite to move to a modern REST-driven single page architecture.
April 17, 2014
Code is transferred over to GitHub.
March 12, 2012
Beta v0.0.3 with layout and styling improvements is released.
January 2, 2011
Beta v0.0.2 of Paradise is released.